In vitro Meat (Biotechnology and Society)
- Mark Post TED Talk "Meet the new meat". (20 min)
Talk by main scientist behind the $325,000 test tube burger announced in August 2013.
- Langelaan, M.L.P., Boonen, K.J.M., Polak, R.B., Baaijens, F.P.T., Post, M.J., van der Schaft, D.W.J. Meet the new meat: tissue engineered skeletal muscle. Trends in Food Science & Technology 21:59-66 (2010).
Scientific review of state of the art in the in vitro meat field.
Find the paper here.
- Stephens, N. In Vitro Meat: Zombies on the menu? SCRIPTed 7 (2), August 2010.
General introduction to the state of this technology and its societal implications.
View paper on SCRIPTed journal website
- New Harvest Website
This is a "non-profit research organization advancing alternatives to conventionally produced meat". Explore links from their website for at least 10-15 min.
- PETA Offers $1 Million Reward to First Person to Make 'Test Tube' Meat
Read post on PETA website.
- Catts, O. (2003) "The Tissue Culture and Art Project: Disembodied Cuisine" Art Exhibit.