Seed Banks versus De-extinction (Biotechnology and Society 2016)
- One seed at a time, protecting the future of food Cary Fowler TED Talk Jul 2009.
- The dawn of de-extinction. Are you ready? Stewart Brand TED Talk Feb 2013.
- Bringing Them Back to Life Carl Zimmer National Geographic Magazine April 2013.
- National Geographic De-extinction page
Links to many (optional) related articles and videos.
- The Long Now Foundation: Revive & Restore
See especially the links under "Candidates".
Seed Bank Czar
- Svalbard Global Seed Vault – Click through the tour to learn about the details of the seed vault. What additional layer of security does it have beyond locks and CCTV? How many samples do they have right now?
- Sowing For Apocalypse John Seabrook The New Yorker Aug 27, 2007.
- Syrian seed bank gets new home away from war Shaoni Bhattacharya Nature Oct 5, 2016.
- How we'll resurrect the gastric brooding frog, the Tasmanian tiger Michael Archer TED Talk March 2013.
- 7 reasons why we should bring back the Tasmanian tiger Becky Chung TED Blog June 27, 2013.
- Could a Tasmanian tiger really be alive in the Adelaide Hills? Brett Williamson ABC News Sep 7, 2016.
Wooly Mammoth Czar
- Born to rewild Eli Kintisch Science Dec 4, 2015 – Article describing "Pleistocene Park" in the Mammoth Steppe. What is the role of restoring this land to the state it was in when mammoths roamed?
- Scientists Want to Bring Back Woolly Mammoths — But Why? Harry Smith et al. NBC News May 22, 2016 – Article that brings together the whole cast of characters, including one from the cloning topic.
- How to Clone a Mammoth Beth Shapiro The Long Now Foundation May 11, 2015.